Friday, June 21, 2013

The church

The main church we worked with all week was lake independence baptist church. Everyday we had a prayer walk time where we went around the neighborhood from door to door and asked the people if we could pray for them and what specific thing they needed prayer for... The one that stuck out the most was a family of grandma, mom, and 3 girls along with cousins living on the house. The mom told us that one of the daughters, she is 7, has AIDS. So we prayed and went on our way but the next day the little girl we prayed for came to the sports ministry time and remembered our names. So me and Hannah (my bff I went with) were able to bring all our clothed to her house the last day and donate them to the family! I couldn't believe how excited and overwhelmed they were to have some dirty tshirts we'd already worn and dirtied that week... God was truly with us and that family!




Another story that sticks out, one boy came everyday without any shoes on and I asked him I'd he had any and he kinda ignored me and looked down embarrassed and I asked him later in the week, if you could have anything in the entire world what would you want? And he said all he wanted was a pair of shoes he could wear for a long time without them being too small, so on the last day I was able to give him my 3 pairs and you couldn't believe the joy.... He truly touched my heart!

On the prayer walk... Drenched as it was pouring!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment