Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Penthouse Dream

Today is official move-in day at Augie! For those of you who don't already know, this year I am an RA for the sophomore dorms. I've actually been here for two weeks for training and preparing the buildings with bulletin boards and door decorations. We have done more bonding than seems necessary, but I can safely say I know my coworkers on a very personal level. So far I am really enjoying it, but i'll let you know how I feel when I start having to be the "bad cop". I lucked out with the penthouse suite...or rather the top floor of the building. I thought this was awesome, and don't get me wrong, I do love being on the top, and I have an incredible view, but when we had some flash flooding a couple days ago, top floor was not too kind to me. Let's just say this building has some real rustic charm :)

Another tid bit of info, I have decided to change my major. I am not sure what it is going to be... we call that "exploring" here... but I'm not too worried. The big man upstairs knows the plan, so I feel pretty confident that it's going to be okay :) As for this semester, I am checking out my options with some sociology classes. I have also recently had the thought of working for an adoption organization abroad, or maybe helping families with the travel process, I don't exactly know what that looks like or anything, but keep it in your prayers...God knows I need them :) until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment