Thursday, July 24, 2014

Home is where the heart is

My days are spent dirty from head to toe. I am constantly some tint of orange with a nice layer of dust coating me. Although we do have showers, they aren't up to par where i can actually be completely clean. There are roaches and lizards nestled in my living space and wasps have become something of a friend. I have eaten so much rice and beans I could throw up and I pray to The Lord I never have to squat over a hole in the ground again. But even so... I have never loved a place more nor been so torn to leave a place. These are the things that make this place what it is. More importantly though, it's the kids and community that I have absolutely fallen in love with. Uganda is forever imprinted in me ❤️









No comments:

Post a Comment